VIEW CLASS SCHEDULES
THERAPEUTICALLY DESIGNED FOR JUVENILES AND THEIR PARENTS AND INDIVIDUAL ADULTS NEEDING
A MORE INTENSIVE PROGRAM FOR ALCOHOL AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE ISSUES
Intensive Alcohol Drug Program is a powerful seminar utilizing a variety of learning activities and experiential techniques to reach juveniles and their parents struggling with substance abuse issues and adult offenders needing more than a one-day program.
By identifying and addressing the developmental needs of clients exhibiting patterns of high-risk behavior, the Intensive Alcohol Drug Program teaches participants to become responsible for their own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Participating families and adults are given the opportunity to practice skills which lead to lasting attitude changes, easily transferable to school, home, work, peer and social structures. Parental involvement is important to the success of the adolescent client. The parenting component instructs parents on specific parental and familial issues in a confidential group setting.
Intensive Alcohol Drug Program adheres to the philosophy that many substance usage issues are consistent with the client's belief about themselves and surroundings. Self-defeating behaviors often result from thoughts generated from core beliefs and feelings. Clients involved with alcohol or other drugs often create an environment that is isolating, distancing themselves from their families and social structures and tend to identify with peers who are supportive of their self-defeating behaviors. The highly structured techniques used in this program assist clients not only in identifying their core beliefs, but also in providing them with the nurturing support and mentoring necessary to change negative behavior. The two day program uses techniques from a number of counseling modalities designed to reach the resistive client, raise the client's awareness of the motives for acting out particular behaviors and offers positive alternatives to those behaviors.
- Legal Issues of Using Alcohol and Other Substances
- Self Assessment
- Learned Behaviors from Parents, Peers and Communities.
- Genetics and Biochemistry
- Pharmacology of Street Drugs and Alcohol
- Family Dynamics of Chemical Dependency
- Psychological and Societal Aspects of Use, Abuse and Dependency
- Drinking and Driving Contract for Parents and Teens
- Pre-Course Quiz
- Calculating Blood Alcohol Levels
- Developing Effective Coping Skills
- Social Norming - Perception versus Reality
- Assertiveness Training
Parenting Skills Program
Parent involvement in the two day program is important to the success of the adolescent client. The class instructs parents on specific parental and familial issues in a confidential lecture and group setting. This two day program teaches parenting skills and offers the support of counselors and other parents. It also provides education on relationship building, limit setting, and a variety of other topics helpful in reestablishing stability in the home.
- Cost is $135 per juvenile participant $135 per adult client. Parents attend at no cost with their juvenile
- Both the juvenile and a parent are to attend and complete the two day session within the same weekend.
- Clients must submit a 300-word essay to the referral source within 1 week of attending.
Who Are the Clients?
- Families with juveniles experiencing on-going alcohol or drug related problems.
- Juveniles exhibiting substance abuse related issues in their personal lives.
- Adults needing an intensive two-day program.
- Juveniles exhibiting behavioral problems both in and outside the family structure